Next Match – LIPAFC – Louisville City vs Indy Eleven – 03/26/2022
Here we have a tale of two clubs heading in two totally different directions. One has kicked off the 2022 campaign in dramatic fashion, earning nine points in their first three matches and has not allowed a single goal. The other has failed to win a match and has not been able to secure a goal of their own. If you are a Louisville City fan, you are quite confident heading into the latest installment of the Louisville-Indianapolis Proximity Association Football Contest (LIPAFC). According to John Morrissey, Indy is “down bad”. “It’s tough to watch the Eleven right now.” Louisville may be sitting pretty after their midweek win, however, their failure to win the LIPAFC crown last season will add a little extra incentive to keep the momentum going.
After a poor 2021 showing, former El Paso boss, Mark Lowry, took the reins, but he has yet to secure his first win for Indy. Losses to Loudoun and Tampa precede the match against LouCity, along with red cards for both Alexander McQueen and Raul Aguilera. Several familiar faces are back, including Neveal Hackshaw, Nicky Law, Karl Ouimette, A.J. Cochran, and Jared Timmer. Lowry brought a few players along with him from El Paso, including Mechack Jérôme and Bryan Rebellón. In 2021, Jérôme averaged a player rating of 7.01 while Rebellón averaged 6.99. They both made the first and fifth most clearance per match, respectively.
The projections at FiveThirtyEight do not paint a much better picture for the Indiana team. They currently only have a 23% chance to make the playoffs and a 13% chance to walk out of Lynn Family Stadium with all three points. For reference, they are giving Morados a 64% chance to win. All signs point to a fun night for LouCity fans. It won’t be a walk in the park, though. It’s been a congested schedule for the boys in purple and they could be without Tyler Gibson after he left Wednesday’s match injured. Fear not, as I am sure Coach Cruz and the rest of the coaching staff have prepared a gameplan to deliver an all-important rivalry win. I can’t wait to see how it unfolds! Vamos Morados!
Want to do a little more reading on LouCity? Might I suggest The Tifos of Louisville City, Louisville City’s Pathway To The Pros, Louisville City's Preparations For The Future, What Are Expected Goals (xG)?, or What Are Goals Added (G+)?.
Have a friend just getting into LouCity soccer? Be sure to send them the Introduction To Louisville City link to give them a point of reference to learn about the club and league.
Be sure to check out the Vamos Morados Podcast featuring me, Benton, and Zach Allen-Kelly. It’s available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Audible, and Spotify. Everything you need to listen can be found on the Podcast page. Subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!